Big Basin LLC
The Henryetta Free-Lance is seeking a reporter to cover education and community news beats. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who knows how to cultivate sources and own a beat, cover breaking news on deadline and also make news with enterprise reporting and in-depth, collaborative projects. Ideal candidates have newspaper experience, database skills and a familiarity with multimedia storytelling. Our primary desire is a reporter who regularly gives us well-crafted stories that demand to run at the top of the front page.
• Advanced writing and research skills are essential, as is the ability to multi-task.
• Good time-management is a MUST.
• Database research and reporting skills.
• Must know English usage, grammar, syntax, and punctuation as well as AP style.
• Must be computer savvy and be able to check facts using in-house, wire, Internet, and other resources.
• Should be comfortable with social media platforms and multimedia storytelling.
• Three years newspaper experience required and more than 5-years experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with basic English courses and broad liberal-arts curriculum preferred.
(must successfully pass)
• Criminal Background Investigation
• Drug Screen
Send resumes to email@example.com
Posted on Tue, December 29, 2015
by Jennifer Gilliland