The Examiner - GateHouse Media
The Examiner, based in Independence, MO (Kansas City area), has an exciting career opportunity for a Production Manager with a proven track record and excellent leadership skills. The Production Manager is responsible for the planning, execution and project management of the company's entire process of print production including offset printing, inserting, distribution and pre-press. This includes the supply chain process for all print production requirements from planning, RFQ, through delivery to customers. In addition, the Manager will liaise internally and externally with vendors, while managing the flow of information to ensure timely and efficient delivery to customers.
• Direct accountability and management of team of production supervisors and leads to facilitate the production of newspaper and commercial printing products and services.
• Key driver for planning, production and execution of complex master production schedules proactively hold the entire organization accountable to ensure production schedule is met.
• Development of team's knowledge and achievement of quality expectations. Ensure effective equipment operation with appropriate maintenance programs.
• Work proactively with vendors to ensure continuous improvement and optimal production solutions for new and existing materials and equipment.
• Assist in developing and achieving commercial print market plan by creating interest and forming partnerships with potential and existing customers.
• Develop pricing quotes for commercial printing work. Interact professionally with all customers.
• Manage costs effectively within agreed-to budgets.
• Work with finance on budgeting, forecasting and actual product cost analysis.
• Complete required reports accurately and on time.
• Create and maintain a safe work environment, ensuring that all safety policies and procedures are followed.
• At least 3 years of offset print management is required.
• A thorough knowledge of commercial printing processes including prepress, press, distribution, insertion and commercial print sales
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office Programs.
• Strong organizational ability and problem solving techniques.
• Ability to multi-task and utilize resources to execute tasks within a deadline oriented environment.
• Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
• Commitment to continuous process improvement initiatives and ability to solve problems creatively.
• Highly motivated and high level of initiative; inspires confidence to work independently and in support of department goals and business objectives.
• Ability to build relationships and work across a multi-product line organization.
The Examiner is a GateHouse Media publication, one of the largest publishers in the U.S., and owns 79 daily and 257 weekly newspapers in 21 states, as well as more than 405 locally focused websites. An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Please send resume including salary requirements to: email@example.com
Posted on Tue, October 7, 2014