The Morning Sun
The Pittsburg Morning Sun newspaper, located in Pittsburg, KS, has a full-time Press Operator position available. Experience operating a 5-unit Urbanite press is desired but we will train a highly competent individual who has the passion to learn this vital position with our company. Position requires a high degree of concentration, excellent quality control skills, press maintenance knowledge and managing all aspects of safety. Approximate shift hours are 7 p.m. to 3 a.m.
• Operate an Offset Web Press. This includes set ups, running jobs, monitoring inks, maintenance and repair.
• Assist in the mailroom getting the papers ready for delivery.
• Troubleshoot any printing or production issues as needed.
• Check print quality throughout the shift and meet product quality standards.
• Make any necessary adjustments and repairs to ensure proper press operation.
• Offset web press experience desired
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Forklift certification preferred.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders, have good manual dexterity, stand for
• long periods of time.
This position includes a full benefit package, health, dental, vision and 401k.
For consideration, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or apply in person: 301 North Locust Street, 66762. An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Posted on Tue, October 14, 2014