Marshall News Messenger
The Marshall News Messenger, a six day daily in East Texas is seeking an energetic local news reporter who lives to beat the competition, has a pocket full of enterprising ideas, and loves to compete for the top byline spot on our home page and front page. Reporting to the Publisher, the reporter will have a proven ability to:
• Build a beat that breaks news and positions the Marshall News Messenger and its sister publications and websites to respond quickly to events.
• Generate story ideas independently and collaborate with editors, designers, photographers, other writers and online staff on daily news and enterprise.
• Produce fast-turnaround stories on major news of the day across East Texas that can help drive online traffic.
• Produce enterprise off the news to advance the story.
• Produce content in multiple formats.
• Write with an authoritative voice, and have the ability to quickly synthesize material from multiple sources.
The ideal candidate will have at least a bachelor’s degree in journalism, new media or equivalent work or internship experience; a minimum of two years of experience in news reporting or writing; be familiar with AP style; and have excellent communication and strong organizational and project management skills. We offer a full range of benefits including health, dental, vision, vacation, sick time and 401(k).
To apply, please send your resume, a cover letter and clips to email@example.com
Posted on Mon, November 30, 2015
by Ashley Novachich