The Newcastle Pacer is an award-winning weekly newspaper in suburban Oklahoma with a focus on excellence in in-depth news coverage, high-quality graphic design and community responsiveness through local involvement, web presence and social networking.
We are looking for a candidate who will not only create quality editorial, but will also become an active member of our team and contribute to our creative and professional goals for the future.
The qualified candidate will:
• Gather and write compelling news stories on a deadline;
• Exhibit a commitment to community journalism;
• Demonstrate knowledge of journalistic standards and basic news gathering concepts and Associated Press Style
• Be experienced in (or open to learning) some multimedia reporting skills;
• Be able to work full-time and be flexible to schedule changes due to event schedules and breaking news events
• Adhere to newsroom policies and procedures for stories and deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to operate Mac OSX computer platform a plus;
• In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus, and Microsoft Word processing software;
• Knowledge of Nikon camera equipment and photography skills a plus;
• Creative, positive and energetic;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment;
• Ability to set personal deadlines and exercise some self-supervision; and
• Must have a driver’s license and be able to drive own vehicle to various locations in the nearby area.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Minimum 2 years newspaper or magazine experience is desired;
• Some college or trade school with emphasis on journalism, communications or related field a plus; and
• Proven ability to work with peers and project stakeholders in a team environment.
Send resumes to: Pacer Media Group, PO Box 429, Newcastle, OK 73065, email@example.com
Posted on Mon, September 12, 2011