The Journal Record Legislative Report
The ideal candidate will have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited university, have experience in the legislative process, and will conduct themselves in a highly professional manner. They will have strong verbal and written communication skills, along with a great attention to detail and the flexibility and energy to function in a highly-dynamic environment.
• Client outreach and customer service
• Lead bill filing process
• Update and maintain JRLR website/data entry
• Provide political intelligence from House and Senate chambers in real time
• Conduct legislator, candidate, and client surveys, then compile and report them
• Lead efforts in gathering of information contained in “On the Record” and “Roster” publications
• Research and accumulate election and campaign finance data
• Report on legislative activity, including floor actions and committee hearings
• Actively engage in JRLR social media platforms and attend various networking events as a representation of JRLR
• Report on committee meetings, press conferences, and other related events, then prepare written reports on them
• Assist with sales calls, demonstrations and client trainings
• Copy edit staff-written news stories and post them to the website
• Experience and familiarity with the legislative process
• Advanced skills in MS Office applications, particularly Word and Excel required.
• Extensive experience using the internet for research purposes.
• Ability to adapt quickly to new situations.
• Experience with standard office machines and technology.
• Willingness and capability to work long hours during legislative session and bill filing
: Send resume, cover letter and two writing samples to: Thessali Teague, Legislative Report Manager, The Journal Record Legislative Report, 101 N. Robinson Ave., Suite 101, Oklahoma City, OK 73102, email@example.com
. Deadline for applications: December 12, 2014
Posted on Tue, November 25, 2014