Nine outstanding journalists will be honored during the 47th anniversary of the Oklahoma Journalism Hall of Fame Thursday, April 27, at the University of Central Oklahoma in Edmond. Master of ceremonies will be Mark Thomas, executive vice-president of the Oklahoma Press Association.
The honorees are:
- James Beaty, managing editor of the McAlester News-Capital
- Steve Booher, retired from the Cherokee Messenger & Republican
- John Durkee, news director at KWGS, Tulsa University NPR
- Lis Exon, OETA-TV Tulsa news manager and journalist
- Carla Hinton, religion editor for The Oklahoman
- Randy Krehbiel, government-politics reporter for the Tulsa World
- Dr. Paul R. Lehman, first African American newsperson on Oklahoma City TV
- Ralph Schaefer, veteran newsman for suburban Tulsa newspapers
- Gene Triplett, retired news and entertainment journalist, The Oklahoman.
» More information about this year's inductees and order tickets for the induction ceremony
Posted on Tue, April 18, 2017
by Lisa Sutliff