City: Temple, Texas
Newspaper: Temple Daily Telegram
Job Description: The Temple Daily Telegram, a family-owned newspaper, is looking for an energetic, experienced manager to lead our circulation and distribution departments.
The circulation manager will provide leadership for all the department’s activities, including customer service, home delivery, single copy sales, promotion, circulation reporting and distribution. They will work with other managers as part of a collaborative team that is focused on serving our customers and our community. The ideal candidate will:
• Be dedicated to providing exceptional customer service;
• Be focused on sales and promotion – someone who wakes up every morning thinking of ways to grow our audience;
• Have a thorough understanding of independent contractor relationships;
• Have a thorough understanding of AAM (formerly ABC) guidelines and reporting;
• Have a working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as circulation reporting systems; (Experience with Brainworks CircSmart software is a plus.)
• Have excellent communications skills;
• Have excellent math skills;
• Be familiar with inserting and packaging equipment;
• Be a hands-on manager with a positive attitude who leads by example.
Temple is ideally located about an hour north of Austin in a growing area of Central Texas. It is a regional medical center, home to Baylor Scott & White Hospital, McLane Children’s Hospital, Olin E. Teague Veterans’ Medical Center, and Texas A&M Medical School. A low cost of living, excellent public and private schools, community colleges, universities, two large recreational lakes, dozens of parks and abundant shopping opportunities make the Temple area a great place to live, work and raise a family.
Contact: The Telegram, which has been owned by the same family for more than 86 years, offers a competitive salary and benefits package including company-paid health insurance. Candidates should send a cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications for the circulation manager’s position to: Temple Daily Telegram, Human Resources, P.O. Box 6114, Temple, Texas 76503 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org