City: Norman, Oklahoma
Newspaper: Norman Transcript
Job Description: The Norman Transcript seeks outstanding Inside Sales Account Representative to join our dynamic, expanding advertising team.
• Sell advertising and sponsorships for The Norman Transcript, normantrancipt.com, Norman Magazine and related portfolio products to reach revenue goals. The candidate will be expected to aggressively pursue new business by prospecting within assigned categories as well as renew existing business.
• Identifies client needs, uses demographic and market analysis, and knowledge of client's business and competition, to present effective ideas and proposals to clients, producing sales that contribute to display advertising revenue annually. Negotiates with internal resources, and clients, on advertising position, premiums, merchandising, etc to assure that customer satisfaction is achieved and revenue objectives are met.
• Responsible for all post sales follow up including reporting, campaign creative, etc.
• Account Executive will work closely with Advertising Director to determine overall strategy and plan for the territory. Initially, training will be provided, call expectations will be set and regular meetings will be held with Advertising Director to gauge progress. Ultimately he/she will need to work independently and manage the territory and accounts from inception through execution.
Minimum 1-2 years sales experience, strong writing and communication skills, ability to interact with internal and external customers. Excellent customer service skills are a must. Computer experience with MS Office and Outlook required. Print and online advertising or applicable inside sales experience a plus. Demonstrated history of meeting, or exceeding quotas required.
• Ability to work independently, possess effective time management skills and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, and evolving environment.
• Must be comfortable with conducting business over the phone. Candidate should be self-motivating and actively seek out industry news and information to stay current on the digital ad environment. Continued learning and education are job expectations.
We offer a competitive salary which includes medical, dental, paid time-off and a 401(k) plan.
The Norman Transcript is a drug-free workplace and EOE. We are a company that values diversity.
Contact: Send resumes to email@example.com No phone calls please.
Posted on Tue, June 26, 2012
by Morgan Browne