The NewsPress needs an editor/general manager to lead an outstanding team serving a progressive and growing university community of just under 50,000 residents.
We're looking for an experienced newspaper manager who is committed to growing readership and revenue on multiple platforms. This person will be both newsroom leader and general manager responsible for all operations of the regional daily newspaper and affiliated print and digital products.
The new editor/GM should have a proven ability to lead a news organization plus:
• A commitment to leading revenue growth and audience growth.
• A solid knowledge of essential journalism values such as libel, privacy, ethics, open records and open meetings laws.
• Creative ideas for news coverage with both print and digital products.
• A willingness to encourage constructive opinion sharing and reader involvement.
• A passion for community journalism at its finest.
• A willingness to become involved in an active community.
The general manager will oversee the 7,000-circulation daily newspaper, a community magazine, niche publications, a large TMC publication and a portfolio of digital products, including STWNewsPress.com.
Stillwater is a newsy city with a broad range of technology and manufacturing businesses, and it is home to Oklahoma State University, a Big-12 university that just enrolled the largest freshman class in its history. The city also boasts a great local school system, many outdoor recreation opportunities and an excellent quality of life. Stillwater is a regional retail hub located 60 miles northeast of Oklahoma City.
Send resume to: Jeff Funk, CNHI senior publisher, at P.O. Box 1192, Enid, OK, 73702 or email@example.com
Posted on Sun, May 26, 2013