City: Benton, AR
Newspaper: Saline Courier
Job Description: The Saline Courier seeks a proven leader to direct and oversee our newsroom with a passion for local news and a desire to grow digital and print readership. As Editor, you will employ your knowledge, experience, and ability to implement innovative ideas that will lead directly to growth of The Courier’s print and digital audience. The Editor will play a vital role on The Courier’s management team, which determines short- and long-term strategy and implements tactics necessary to grow the operation. The Editor also is expected to play an active role as a leader in the community.
The successful applicant will be an experienced leader of great journalism that consistently meets high professional standards. She or he will have a successful track record of serving the distinct news and informational needs of audiences on print and digital platforms. The successful applicant should show demonstrated skills in coaching, mentoring, and developing an enthusiastic and energetic staff to create consistently compelling storytelling and eye-popping visual journalism.
Responsibilities will include:
• Lead newsroom projects and initiatives
• Project management and creation of new products in an effort to grow audience
• Hire, train and develop the newsroom staff
• Monitor and track performance of the team through standards of performance
• Coordinate month to month progress of a news plan through planning and execution
• Prepare and comply with the annual budget for the newsroom
• Established track record of journalistic excellence
• Strong background in leading a newsroom through innovative solutions to grow audience
• Proven record of achieving audience growth through print and digital media
• Ability to handle multiple ongoing tasks and rapidly changing priorities
• Self-motivated, community-oriented and organized
• Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university and at least 3 years of newsroom experience
The Saline Courier offers a competitive compensation package. We offer a variety of medical, dental and vision options to best fit your needs. We also offer 401k and life insurance options as well as paid vacation, sick and personal time. The Courier is an 5,000 circulation, 7-day p.m. newspaper in Benton, Arkansas. Saline County is one of the fastest growing communities in the United States. This is a great opportunity to work with a small daily newspaper that focuses on local news and the community.
Contact Information: Qualified, interested individuals should submit a resume and writing samples to Tony Cooper, publisher, The Saline Courier, 321 N. Market, Benton, AR 72015 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, Tony Cooper 501-315-8228
Posted on Mon, October 20, 2014