The Salina Journal is seeking an experienced journalist with strong news judgment and editing skills to lead its daily newsroom operations as deputy editor. The vacancy is being created by virtue of a retirement, and promotion from within.
The successful candidate will coordinate the production of news for print, online and social media platforms.
Candidates should possess:
• An ability to identify and deliver the best product for our print, digital and social media customers.
• Sharp editing skills that boast adherence to deadline, accuracy, clarity, style and potential legal problems.
• A willingness, and adept hand, at coaching reporters as they experiment with innovative ways of delivering news content, and to manage and lead a design desk.
• Experienced communication and conflict resolution skills, and the ability to deal professionally with the public.
• Solid organizational skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field preferred.
The Salina Journal offers competitive wages, profit sharing, 401K and health and dental insurance. Pre-employment drug screen required. The Journal is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates should send their resume and a cover letter to: Sharon Montague, Deputy Editor, Box 740, Salina, KS 67402-0740 or to email@example.com
Posted on Mon, January 11, 2016
by Ashley Novachich