The Journal Record Legislative Report
The ideal candidate will have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited university, have experience in the legislative process and will conduct themselves in a highly professional manner. They will have strong verbal and written communication skills, along with a great attention to detail and the flexibility and energy to function in a highly-dynamic environment.
• Secure client renewals including calls to renewing subscribers, sending renewal documents and processing payments
• Client outreach and customer service
• Recruitment, training and supervision of Capitol interns
• Assist with bill filing process
• Schedule coverage and prepare meeting packets for all legislative meetings
• Update and maintain JRLR website/data entry
• Assist with efforts in gathering of information contained in “On the Record” and “Roster”
• Research and accumulate election and campaign finance data
• Report on legislative activity, including floor actions and committee hearings, as needed
• Report on committee meetings, press conferences, and other related events, then prepare written reports on them, as needed
• Monitor all committee, task force, and agency meeting notifications and load any new or updated notices to the website daily
• Load stories, testimonies and press releases to the website
• Experience and familiarity with the legislative process
• Advanced skills in MS Office applications, particularly Word and Excel required.
• Extensive experience using the internet for research purposes.
• Ability to adapt quickly to new situations.
• Experience with standard office machines and technology.
• Ability to work on a personal computer for extended periods of time.
• Willingness and capability to work long hours during legislative session and bill filing
Send resume, cover letter and two writing samples to: Thessali Teague, Legislative Report Manager, The Journal Record Legislative Report, 101 N. Robinson Ave., Suite 101, Oklahoma City, OK 73102, email@example.com
. Deadline for applications: December 12, 2014
Posted on Tue, November 25, 2014