Do you want to win an iPad from the Oklahoma Press Association? Of course you do!
At next month’s Mid-Winter Convention we’ll debut a new fast-moving program that features Oklahoma newspaper employees presenting five-minute talks on things that have worked at their papers. It’s called NEWS FLASH! And we need YOU to be a five-minute presenter! If you submit an idea and are willing to present it at the convention, you’ll be entered in a drawing to win an Apple iPad!
TOPICS: Do you have a great idea that you want to share with your peers? Do you have a quick way to explain how to produce a winning ad or editorial, increase print circulation, etc.? What do you love? What do you hate? What is the best advice anyone ever gave you? What are the five most important things to know about X that no one talks about? Almost any newspaper topic is possible - just condense the explanation down to five minutes or less.
- Eight or nine people will be selected to present their topics during News Flash at the convention.
- Every presentation must include a slideshow using Acrobat or Powerpoint.
- Slide presentations can be as simple as one picture and nothing else, or you can combine it with text and change slides every 15 seconds. The variety of each person’s style keeps the show interesting.
- Don’t have time to prepare your own slides? No problem! We’ll create them for you.
- The event is modeled after the Ignite and TED programs, so search for examples of those talks on youtube.com for more explanation.
SUBMISSIONS: So do you want to participate and be entered in the drawing to win a free iPad?
E-mail a short explanation of what you want to talk about to Lpotts@okpress.com by WED. JAN. 12 at 5 p.m. Please provide enough explanation so we can understand your topic and its value. The OPA Education Committee will select eight or nine presenters on Jan. 14. However, EVERY person that submits a topic and is willing to present it at the convention will be entered in the drawing to win an iPad!
NEWS FLASH will debut Feb. 4 at 9 a.m. at the Reed Center in Midwest City during the Mid-Winter Convention. We hope you want to be a part of this fun event!
Posted on Mon, January 3, 2011
by Lisa Potts