City: Oklahoma City
Job Description: The Dolan Company is a leading provider of information to the business and legal communities through our collection of niche newspapers and websites. We are seeking a forward thinking audience development manager for The Journal Record Publishing Company and for Arizona News Service. Based in Oklahoma City, this position will be responsible for increasing revenue, readership levels and subscription sales by planning and managing audience development marketing initiatives for well-respected business and political journals. You will work closely with Publishers, Interactive marketing and Customer Service teams to reach and exceed goals.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Develop annual marketing strategy and collaborate on annual budgets.
· Acquire new subscriptions through creative targeted marketing including:
o Work closely with Publisher to help negotiate custom subscription partnerships and affiliate relationships, sponsorships, and trade show participation with businesses, law firms, associations, and trade groups. Develop all marketing collateral to support subscription sales efforts.
o Develop concept, write copy and implement direct mail, bulk and sample issues.
o Design test strategies and creative to optimize campaign performance growth.
o Work with the market to identify targeted bulk leads and developing strategies to acquire them.
o Attend local events or train local resources.
o Develop copy for email marketing and work closely with Interactive Marketing for strategy, design and implementation.
o Collaborate with other Dolan Company Audience Development Managers throughout the country.
o Develop strategy and place print and electronic advertising, local and spot-market broadcast, radio, mobile, and billboard advertising. Know of the best media opportunities (through brokers or direct to publisher negotiations). Work closely with Interactive Marketing and Creative units for design, landing page development, technical specifications and tracking.
· Source and evaluate new media and partnership opportunities with Publishers in regional and local markets.
· Monitor tracking, delivery and campaign performance on an on-going basis. Test and roll out successful efforts.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
· A minimum of three years’ experience in direct marketing, media buying or agency relations, with subscription sales marketing experience preferred
· Superior negotiation, organization, and follow-up skills
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills
· MS Office proficiency
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
The Dolan Company offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience along with a comprehensive benefits program.
Contact: To apply, send resume and cover letter to Joni Brooks at email@example.com.
Posted on Fri, October 3, 2014