Newspaper or Company:
Oklahoma Conservation Commission
$2500.00 - $3333.33 monthly
Closing Date: September 6, 2013
Major Work Duties:
• Establishes, develops and maintains contact with media, professional and civic organizations, and other special interest groups to promote agency programs.
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with partner agencies and organizations.
• Prepares and edits agency news releases, newsletters, brochures, and broadcast strips.
• Assists with web pages, social media and public relations campaigns for the agency.
• Designs and produces online and print graphics and programs for various meetings and events.
• Develops promotional materials for presentation at exhibits, fairs, festivals, conferences, schools, and professional group meetings.
• Provides assistance to conservation districts, including graphics, photos, newsletters, event promotion, news releases, and attends district sponsored events.
• Provides in-service training for agency staff and conservation districts.
• Serves as photographer for the agency.
• Sets up and operates audiovisual equipment for multiple events per year, which includes negotiating A/V contracts at select venues.
• Maintains the archival and accessibility requirements of agency publications and reports.
• Requests and prepares proclamations, commendations, and service awards.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: A strong interest in the agency’s functions, mission, and programs is required. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and complete work assignments is needed. Knowledge of English usage, including grammar and composition; of accepted styles for materials released to various media; of visual graphics techniques; of editing techniques and procedures. Ability to write and edit; to uphold and practice public relations principles and codes of ethics; to deliver informational presentations; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Must be skilled in basic digital graphic design and photo editing techniques, including working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software. Must have a working knowledge of a variety of social media platforms including Twitter and Facebook. Knowledge of video editing techniques is a plus. Must be able to lift 40 pounds and walk distances. Must be able to safely and legally operate a motor vehicle and travel overnight regularly.
Preferred Education and/or Experience: The formal education equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, agriculture communications, professional writing, or a closely related field; or three years of experience.
Duty Location: Oklahoma City
Interested and qualified persons should submit a signed OCC application and cover letter with a daytime phone number and samples of pertinent work. Email submissions are preferred. Attachments should not exceed 10 MB. Links to web-based samples of work are acceptable, but work must be identifiable as created by the applicant. Email submissions will be acknowledged within two business days. The OCC application can be accessed on the internet at: http://www.ok.gov/okcc/Employment_Information.html
Send to: Oklahoma Conservation Commission, Attn: Communications Coordinator, 2800 N Lincoln Blvd. Suite 160, Oklahoma City, OK 73105, 405-522-4739, firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Wed, August 21, 2013